Good or Bad for the Jews

"Good or Bad for the Jews"

Many years ago, and for many years, I would travel to Morocco to visit uncles, cousins, and my paternal grandmother. Some lived in Tangiers;...

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Race, the World's Most Boring Subject

This is going to be my last post for a couple months or so. I am simply overwhelmed with all sorts of stuff not worth going into and boring you. Suffice it to say that I am finding it ever harder to fulfill my duties as a responsible blogger, so I have to stop for a couple of months until I get all my life issues straight.

I was at my local Home Depot hardware store (maybe it was Lowe's, I don't know, I can't tell them apart) a couple of days ago. As always, when I come out one of those SUPERSTORES, I can never find my car. Regardless of where I parked, when I emerge, the car is on the other side of the lot. Anyhow, it was a hot, sticky day, I was suffering from mosquito bites, and I was in a foul mood desiring only to return to my quasi-baronial estate and its blasting air conditioning.

As I approached my Chevy Silverado pick-up, I notice a white lady, about my age or so, staring at the front of the truck. I walked to my truck, and started to open the door, when the lady said, "Is this your truck?" I felt like answering, "No, I am stealing it," but instead said, "Yes." She then pointed at the front of the truck and said, "Why do you have a Confederate flag on the bumper? Don't you think some might find that offensive?" I lamely replied, "What?" I dumped my purchases in the front seat and came to the front of the truck where she had her accusatory finger aimed at the front plate. "That's not a Confederate flag, that's the flag of North Carolina," I said with considerable exasperation, "It's the flag of this state!" She gave me a furious look and walked off. My son and I later laughed about this nonsense, but it struck me how bizarre and tense life has become for some people in our beloved Republic, and how they seek to make it so for all of us.

As we see in the news, and in the Home Depot/Lowe's parking lot, there seem to be herds of people just out looking for offense. They are like squirrels or foxes with their ears up, their whiskers atwitter, sensing, sensing, feeling, feeling, searching, searching for the tell-tale signs of offensive speech, display, or conduct. Their senses are tuned to the highest possible sensitivity (Number 11). Nothing is too innocent to give offense. It is no surprise that these folks, who dominate the media, the education and the entertainment businesses, and, increasingly, our political discourse, want to censor, silence, and kill any speech or perceived thought jarring to their finely tuned sensitivity meters. They've already just about killed off comedy, for example. Have you tried to watch almost any of the latest HBO or Netflix stand-up comedy "specials"? Is there anything remotely funny about them? We are only allowed to laugh/sneer at President Trump and his supporters.

It's not just comedy being killed. Have you, for example, tried watching the new cop shows, especially from the UK? OMG! Political correctness run amok and amuck. Are all police detectives in the UK single women with gay or minority men deputies? Are all criminals straight white wealthy Tory males? It's unwatchable garbage.

We are constantly harangued about race. Well, I know this is not "scientific"--what in the world is today?--but I don't see average people much concerned about race or other identities. Everywhere I have travelled the last few days in North Carolina, Virginia, DC, I see white, black, brown people getting along just fine with each other. I don't sense any racial tensions. My son lives in a very integrated neighborhood, and all the neighbors are very friendly and helpful. No problems.

I have written before that I find discussions of race to be among the most boring and potentially lethal conversations one can have. There is little to be gained, and much to be lost. What is the point about going on about race? I find racists and talk about race to be dull and dangerous, and fundamentally anti-American and anti-Western. I say this about racists regardless  of their own race, creed, color, etc.

The charge, again, for example, that President Trump is a racist, is made repeatedly and without any facts in support. This President promised to help create an environment where people of all races could get jobs and better wages, and, behold, he's done it. Black and hispanic Americans are "suffering" the lowest unemployment rates in history. He is the only political leader who seems to want to address the ongoing carnage in Chicago which is costing the lives of dozens of our black citizens every week. Trump is the one who wants to crush the MS-13 and the other lethal gangs coming into our country and terrorizing, primarily, hispanic neighborhoods. The xenophobic Trump is married to a foreigner. The anti-semitic Trump has a Jewish daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren, and is the best friend Israel has had in the White House since Richard Nixon, another one accused of anti-semitism (He saved Israel and had a Jewish Secretary of State, but never mind). The anti-Muslim Trump has excellent relations with the Saudis.

Enough with the race card. Put that deck away. It seems to be all Jokers.

See you in a couple of months . . . or so.

46 comments:

  1. You'll be missed. Rest up and come back afire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the flag. Not terribly surprising though. I hope you're back sooner than you think.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hallmark of our time: outrage at the trivial when deemed politically incorrect while sloth, crime and true moral aberration are tolerated - or even celebrated.

    Please come back in time for any N. Korea or Iran events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am simply overwhelmed...I have to stop for a couple of months until I get all my life issues straight."

    God Speed~~~
    A worthy plan indeed
    So Fare thee well WLA,
    And farewell for a while,
    Hope to pick up your trail,
    before the winter snow falls
    Till then, I will be contented
    to rummage through the stacks
    One question afore you go though
    ~~~~~~~~Who is Q~~~~~~~~~
    OW~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you will be able to stay away that long.

    Things are getting interesting, and the rate of things getting interesting appears to be accelerating.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You.
    Both for writing in the first place, and letting us know you are taking a break..
    If I ain't ded yet when you return, I will be right here reading your thoughts.
    Rich in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. "They are like squirrels or foxes with their ears up, their whiskers atwitter, sensing, sensing, feeling, feeling, searching, searching ..."
    I steal only from the best, that description is going into my files. You will be missed, may your days be organized and productive, may your nights be restful, take your dogs for long walks in the country, enjoy the breezes, sunlight filtered through the trees, in a word - peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why they passes that regulation in the first place that made Home Depot be bright Orange and Lowes' be deep Blue. It's so you konw where you were without looking. I'm surprised you didn't know. Heh. /s

    ReplyDelete
  9. For your last post in awhile, this is a really good one. Good luck getting things squared away and hope to see you back here sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best from Australia. You taught me about the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Progressives will not let us put that deck away. It is now a permanent feature of our lives. When Whites comprised more than 85% of the US population, back in the 1940's, when there still was a US of A, you attitude toward race was acceptable. There were only Whites and a small, irrelevant black minority and a few Jews, and Whites could indulge themselves in discussions about economics and politics and farm subsidies.

    Not now. the only relevant characteristics you have are your sex, race and religion. Nothing else matters. From this point onward you will be required for mere physical survival to vote for those candidates and issues that support White, Christian interests. It's ugly, but that's how multicultural, multiethnic empires are. They are also held together by brute force a la Hussein's Iraq. That is in our future, too.

    Ponder Colin Powell.

    Why did you move to North Carolina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a whole lot of white christians anymore... The secularization of denominations in the US has happened faster than they can die off. Die off, they will, but even major denominations now treat the bible and jesus as "composite characters" as though it were some new Obama book.
      Okay... there are many who self-describe as Christian, but few who regularly attend services, and fewer who actively worship and work towards advancing the kingdom. The focus is instead on 'the weekend' and griping about the discomfort of the day.

      - reader #1482

      Delete
    2. There are a lot more white Christians still left. Remember in 1st Kings chapter 19 where Elijah complains he is the only one left, and God tells him there still is a remnant. The main line denominations have a lot of rot, but that is nothing new. The protestant civil war predates the advent of the Soviet Union.

      God is still alive and well, even if our institutions are flawed. God invites us to join HIM. To learn how to hear HIM, and reflect HIM to all we meet. In suffering we find Joy, as the suffering refines away mere happiness, leaving nothing but pure infinite Joy.

      I see the hand of God in the 2016 election, not putin's. God seems to delight in using broken things. He delights in inviting us to join His plan, but we have to learn how to listen.

      Delete
    3. I see traditional denominational churches closing all the time. Some formerly thriving points now left with a pastor and a handful of parishioners joylessly reciting mantras and going on.
      I see newer churches springing up and growing all the time.
      As Tim Keller mentioned in several books, there was a time when pastors were taught to teach 'Bible Lite', and that invoking anything telling people they might need change in their hearts or actions would just drive people away. Instead it was recommended that they be encouraged in whatever they're doing, good or sinful, or even nothing. Mainline denominations seem to be getting hit very hard on this.
      A church cannot stand if it stands for nothing.

      - reader #1482

      Delete
    4. How does the saying go; you may not be interested in race but race is very interested in you.

      We're not the ones who got to this trouble but before too long we're going to be forced to make some hard decisions about how to get out of it.

      Delete
  12. Slowly at first and then all at once: be sure to report back before we've reached the second stage.

    Meantime, Mr Mad, may you win your wrestles with recalcitrant realities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time away. I'll look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr. Mad, are you certain it wasn't a Whole Foods you were walking out of? In your disorientation, might you have purchased a carafe of gender-justice juice, or maybe fair-dinkums coffee beans?

    My apologies, you were lamenting the death of comedy.

    And it sucks to hear you'll be on hiatus. Among the things I appreciate about your blog are the insightfulness driven by deep experience in foreign policy and the lack of smut and/or salacious content. Even some of the more sober policy and conservative sites will still run with such garbage. The closest you've gotten was that story about a desk you had in Ceylon/Sri Lanka, iirc, and it wasn't 'close'.

    Best of luck with your righting of the ship! See ya around xmas time?

    - reader #1482

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would venture to guess a Union Jack would have caused no issues. Funny how people take offense over a flag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. May your days away be blissful but unmemorable, so that you are moved to return as soon as you've rested.

    Sure going to miss your wisdom, and your well-informed take on the world's events. Hurry on back now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That flag dust up was hilarious. I had never seen NC's state flag, so I looked at it just now, and for the life of me can't understand how anyone with an IQ above 90 could have thought it was the Confederate flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably made some sort of calculation that overloaded that walnut-sized brain ( maybe something like [truck + flag = RAYCIST] ) and it was off to the races for her.

      Delete
    2. Don't you realize that North Carolina was a Confederate state? So their flag is JUST AS BAD!!!! (Do I need a sarc tag?)

      Delete
  19. Looks a bit like the Stars and Bars- not THAT close though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best wishes on dealing with your Fathers estate, and all the related paper work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your posts so I'm sorry to hear you're taking some time off, but I completely understand.

    I hope you come back in time, but you and your family obviously have to come first!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Big long time fan, will wait.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  23. While you are gone I will check your blog to make sure Putin doesn't try to fill in for you. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just got back from a week's vacation, so can understand the need for a break. If you have a chance, take a look at L.A. Dragnet, with Ed O'Neill as Joe Friday. It's produced by Dick Wolf, who did all the Law and Order stuff. It's really very good. At least they don't have the old guy running down bad guys in the street :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wishing you a fair wind and a following sea, sir. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Without getting into the Confederate flag debacle that seems to draw SJW's like moths to a flame, may I impart an amusing (I hope) anecdote from a denizen of the Antipodes regarding Lowes?

    A the outset, forgive my plagiarism...

    On our last trip (last year) the OzWife dragged me to the Waikele shopping precinct for a day of shopping for the OzGrandson (yet to be at that stage) and, as she delicately phrased it, other assorted fun times - She to shop, Me to be pack mule. After some hours going in and out of various stores I chanced to notice across the way, a Lowes store. To those of us from Oz, Lowes is a menswear retailer, not high end, just comfortable clothing for all male shapes, sizes and ages.

    With a quick word to the OzWife, I quickly proceeded (read ran) to this haven of normalcy when to my amazement and surprise, it turned out to be a home improvement centre just like our very own Bunnings stores!

    While She shopped, I spent an enjoyable 3 or so hours wandering around checking out all the appliances, gadgets, knickknacks and just generally cool items for sale. Even better was spending time talking to staff who knew what was what, could speak with knowledge and authority and just made the day so thoroughly enjoyable.

    The OzWife and I had such a great time last year, we're doing it all again this year - just bringing another 8 of our friends with us! And yes, I'll be taking the mates to any Lowes store I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with a fondness for hardware stores, which in those days had everything from nails to guns. I was recently in northern Idaho and found a store called "North 40" and it has everything from bulldozers to guns. I would have spent the night if they had beds.

      Delete
  27. Get rested, get ready, get tanned, (blottoed or whatever you need or want) but get back to us. We'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I remember the tsunami days when you were the only person that actually knew what was going on. To find you again at 2.0... and then to lose you again! Be still my heart, he will return.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You remember Diplomad back then too?! His blog was good info on that tragedy.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that was when i discovered diplomad. I'm genuinely bummed that he is taking time off.

      Delete
  29. Whenever (if) you decide to post again, the RSS feeder is waiting to inform me that you have returned.
    Take your time, relax and don't worry about us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lewis, were you shopping in Chapel Hole... er, I mean Hill? This woman sounds like a true Tar Hole... I mean Heel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can relate to your frustrating run-in with the libtard. Just last week, here in New York, a co-worker of mine expressed shock that I had left my browser open to the Drudge Report.

    Please reconsider your plans to take a long break. I have learned a lot from you, though I don't usually leave comments. Your criticism, for example, of Mexico's meddling in US politics was illuminating. I had no idea that the number of consulates Mexico maintains in the US is above the usual, international norm, and how far their anti-American stance has become institutionalized.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I lived in NC at the time when they came out with the "First in Freedom" license plate in 1975 for something or another. "But NC was a slave state, bad dog, bad dog!" It had another bit of irony attached as well, those plates were made by the inmates at Central Prison in Raleigh.

    Maybe the lady was having a flashback to the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Always appreciate the insight in your commentary.

    Condolences on loss of your father.

    Take the time you need, hoping it won't be long. You will be missed.

    To your health.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Enjoy the break. Come back when you feel like it.

    And that harridan would have shit herself silly at the Mississippi state flag.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Enjoy the time off. I do.
    I got a kick out of the right wing zealots years and years ago that saw video of Obama campaigning in Ohio and saw the Ohio state flag in the background and were filled with disgust at Obama for creating his very own Obama flag. Ours is the only swallowtail flag but still, how hard is it these days to confirm something like that before making an idiot out of yourself....
    Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Every word uttered about race is racism.

    ReplyDelete