Good or Bad for the Jews

"Good or Bad for the Jews"

Many years ago, and for many years, I would travel to Morocco to visit uncles, cousins, and my paternal grandmother. Some lived in Tangiers;...

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Back in NC: Cars, Guns and Politics

Got back from sweltering Madrid a couple days ago to sweltering North Carolina. That damn climate change! You know, the change from Spring to Summer: it gets me every time.

First order of business was, of course, ensuring that my cars would start. Only one failed to launch, and I now have it on the ol' trickle charge. 

Just before I had left for Spain, my 2013 427 Corvette began flashing the "check engine" light and the "Service Traction System" warning. I could also hear a "tick" coming from the engine. Sigh. I slowly drove over to a nearby mechanic who gave me a double dose of bad news: It would be about $3000 to fix, and he didn't have the right equipment to work on a Corvette. So I took it back home, cursing all the computerization of cars. Back in my day (snap of suspenders), a clever lad and his friends could fix most cars with the use of a wrench, hammer, screwdriver, and duct tape. Nowadays, I open the hood, and have to call Bill Gates. I have little idea of what I am seeing. Anyhow, got back and, with trepidation, slowly drove the beast over to the Chevy dealer. Turned out to be a very nice and honest fellow. He put his trained ear to the engine, and said, "Wait a minute." Took the Vette into the back and returned a few minutes later. "Fixed it. Loose wire on cylinder number 6." I gave him $100 and he was happy. My faith in humanity restored. My Vette now, again, prowls the boring streets of my boring suburban existence.

Another order of business, but of course, was picking up my gun from the dealer in Wilmington. I had won the thing last month in a raffle at a GOP dinner. Glock 19, Gen 5. Got it, and--meh--don't know what the big fuss is with Glocks. It seems fine, a bit light and small for my taste, but OK. Nothing special. Put it in the safe with the Glock 17; they can discuss the old days in Austria. Still prefer my Arkansas-built Wilsons, my Texas-built Staccato 2011, or my Czech-built CZ-75. To each his own.

Politics. The state of US politics has become nothing less than disgusting. 

The endless filing of charges against Trump smacks of Soviet Russia. Read the charges and they are ridiculous. I have no doubt that some anti-Trump jury, presided over by some anti-Trump judge will find Trump guilty of some absurd charge. I also have no doubt that it will be all thrown out by the Supreme Court as violations of Trump's First Amendment rights. The punishment is the process; the process is the punishment. Tie him up in court; subject him to an endless barrage of leaks from the prosecution; countless court appearances to interfere with his campaigning; drain him of millions of dollars; grind him down in the press; make it a danger to work for him. 

It's horrible what's being done to him and his family. Beria would be so proud.

In the meanwhile, naturally, we see an effort to bury, ignore, or minimize the real criminal activities by the Biden Crime Family, and to hide Joe's increasingly obvious mental incapacity. I am sure the DNC/Obama are preparing to substitute Joe so that he can "take care of his family." Kamala Harris will get pushed aside, maybe given some lucrative job (SCOTUS?), and replaced by some slick-haired clown such as Gov. Newsom--the man who has destroyed California. The full election-rigging machinery will kick into high gear.

I despair.

27 comments:

  1. the only realistic view of the state of the USA today - TNX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2020+ vette... you need one! Heck, I need one.
    Wouldn't wish politics on anybody, particularly not with how it's jumbled up into the justice system like this now.
    I'd like to say it all kind of started with Obama's political appointees to clandestine services and their 'memo' when Trump won that was just full of crap that was unfit to print and a disgrace to those services.
    But it probably goes back beyond that... to the attempts to undermine the legitimacy of the GW Bush terms by false claims to vote tampering (Diebold did not get a massive settlement for those unfounded allegations... for *SOME* reason... now?).
    And that crap even predates 9/11.
    It's gotten worse with the rise of internet social networks.

    - reader #1482

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It's...worse with the rise of
      internet social networks."
      Ah so numero 1482~~~
      Plotted, Charted, und
      Proofed 2, I'd expect
      mine dear freund~~~
      I too, Proud to report
      "No Club~Lone Wolf"
      has been my motto
      since trading in my
      submarine for a
      two wheeler~~~
      On Watch~~~
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8
      "Let's Roll"

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the
    lefty heap O'manure,
    aka, a 'rat' pile of shit,
    dear Dip...sad to hear
    BO lost his Chef on
    the outgoing tide~~~
    this too shall pass~~~
    On Watch
    "Let's Roll"

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you really dislike the Glock 19, I'll take it for what you paid for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fear for what is coming, the tension is everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thing with Glocks is that they are perfectly functional and reliable pistols, but I don't like trigger safeties. that go for all pistols. I don't own a single trigger dingus handgun, and I have many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thing with Glocks is I dislike the grip angle. Feels weird and awkward.
      ~ Doctor Weasel

      Delete
  8. The Crazy Years - at least the Romans had the excuse of lead lining in their aqueducts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been watching this rock-show from the Antipodes. It makes for an "interesting' distraction from the madness and the appalling state of political "play" here.

    It seems obvious to me that, all of the outright defamation and indicting of Trump is deliberately intended as blunt-force PROVOCATION.

    The object of the game is to push one or more "deplorables", real or "false-flag", over the edge. I suspect that "rehearsals" have been conducted and the game "refined" and the "bunnies" ( wind-up-toys) are already being warmed up. The idea is that the public response to the outrageous "over-reach" being conducted already will conveniently “force” the mobilization of pre-positioned ”assets”, who will bring down "over-match" that will make Waco look like a Sunday-School picnic, This will be done on a Continental scale, pour encourager les autres, of course.

    The ultimate aim is to effectively cause more than enough"wounds to take Uncle Sam OFF the "Global Chessboard”.

    Just ask yourself who benefits from the wheels falling off the USA? "Enemies; foreign and domestic" might be a list to check.

    Marcus Tullius Cicero had something to say on the matter:

    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear”

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...tres bien,
    cousin Bruce
    On Watch~~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glocks are fairly cheep and they are reliable. Their compact and sub-compact models are too small for my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am frustratingly more accurate with my Glock 21 than I am with my 1911.

    I still LOVE my first 9mm, a Hi-Power that is deadly accurate, as it should be.

    I hear the Springfield SA-35 is a direct copy of the Hi-Power, to the point of interchangability of parts. I know you consider the 9mm a "europellet", but the newer rounds available will allow it to ruin a bad guy's day pretty well.

    Welcome back to what used to be a free country...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah! Small beer compared to the horror in Britain. Toni bloody Blair has risen from his political grave and is trying to sway things again. Just a mass murderer, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charles CornwallisAugust 7, 2023 at 3:38 PM

    Hah! Small beer compared to the horror in Britain. Except that the USA is by far the main country in the west and without its leadership, Russia, China and Iran have nothing to fear. But living in Britain you can see the accelerating slope leading us to the third world with very high inflation (they claim 8% but it feels a lot more than that), the destruction of the countryside, insane woke and environmental policies and politicians solely looking to enrich themselves and, of course, the endless tsunami of third world 'asylum seekers'. And I can't have a Glock of any description! I despair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are in a downward spiral, they get Trump they won't stop with just him. Glad your back Dip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you back, Dip. Agree, Beria would beam with pride for his stateside acolytes and their job so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although comparisons to Stalin’s USSR are apt, our current madness seems to me to be more like the last 80 years of the Roman Republic. Bruce’s quote fron Cicero seems apt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not a Glock fan, they just don't fit right in my hand, besides I am a big revolver fan, simple and reliable. Carry piece is the Ruger LCR.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know the fall of the UK has been getting tracked here... Farsi language-anti-Iran broadcaster based in the UK was advised by the UK government that they had to move to the USA because the UK government couldn't (wouldn't?) protect them from the Iranian secret service groups operating within the UK.
    This is what happens when dealing with corrupt dictatorships and refusing to display or threaten any strong measures at all.
    It's like Obama responding to chemical weapons in Syria by directing a 'hashtag war' on twitter.

    And now we're paying Iran billions for taking iranian americans hostage. WHAT THE HECK.

    - reader #1482

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think state dept. needs to make it clear either 1) we'll pay whatever is asked if you're kidnapped in another country or 2) if you choose to leave US territory for any reason, we will make no attempt to assist you in any trouble you might find.

      I really dislike this "we'll use hostage-payments as an end-run around reinstating the JCPOA under the table." crap.

      - reader #1482

      Delete
  20. You are correct about how Trump is being subjected to a political witch hunt by kangaroo courts. But, I fear that there will be a far bigger casualty in this affair: the credibility of the rule of law.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’ve got my first check for a total of 13k US dollars. I am so energized, this is whenever I first really acquired something. I will work much harder now and I can hardly hang tight for the following week's installment. Go to the Home tab for more detail. I highly recommend everyone to apply.. Www.Payathome7.Com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I won’t return till “Ladies and Gentlemen” are once again used at internet job, though. (014) Florida is a conservative common sense state where the majority of residents are intelligent.
    Visit the following link:
    Click USD Work

    ReplyDelete