Good or Bad for the Jews

"Good or Bad for the Jews"

Many years ago, and for many years, I would travel to Morocco to visit uncles, cousins, and my paternal grandmother. Some lived in Tangiers;...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jimmy Hussein Barack Carterama: Egypt, Libya and Shades of the Shah

On September 11 of all days. In of all places, two of the countries in which we helped the current regimes come to power and stay in power. "Outraged" Islamic mobs have attacked our diplomatic facilities, including our Embassy in Cairo, and killed at least one American staff member. Cause of the "outrage?"Apparently some unknown video made by some Coptic Christians living in the US which the Muslims consider "offensive." Might it be that the Coptics find the attacks on Coptic churches and Coptic Christians in Egypt outrageous and offensive?

Egypt, where Obama began his apology tour in 2009, is now a country in the grip of the Muslim Brotherhood. I previously have expressed my concerns over the State Department and the White House policies towards the MB whereby we helped push out our old ally Mubarak and replace him with anti-American Morsi.  I also expressed serious concerns about our policy towards Libya, where we jumped in to help overthrow cranky, cross dressing, but harmless Qaddafi, and replaced him with . . . nobody really knows.

I hate to sound like a disgruntled former employee, but while I was at State, before I stormed out, I had no end of bitter discussions with my friends in the NEA (Near East) Bureau, accusing them of being hopelessly naive and of betraying our only true friend in the Middle East, Israel.  They dismissed me by noting that they knew the region better than I did, and that we could be friends with the newly "democratic" Muslim states in the region.  What has happened? You all know what has happened. What has the State Department done about it? Send the hapless Hillary Clinton to Cairo to urge the Egyptian military not to oppose the take-over by the MB. We have the DNC trying to remove mention of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. We have Obama denying Israel's PM a meeting at a time that the Iranians are stepping up their nuclear effort. We have Obama gutting our military.

The bills for our stupidity have now come due. The Muslim "street" sees us as weak. They see Obama as the reincarnation of Carter. They are right.

Obama must go.

6 comments:

  1. The statement from the Embassy is sickening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond sickening. I was so depressed when I read it that I couldn't bring myself to write about it.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised the magnitude of Obama's North Africa failure has borne fruit this rapidly. I figured the members of the Religion of Perpetual Outrage would have waited for the election to be over (hoping for an Obama win) before they started going after direct US interests and people.

    I hope Romney wins, but I would not wish this bad-of-guts on any POTUS. I hope his SecState has balls of Titanium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is even worse than Carter. The movie was just a handy excuse for something obviuosly planned (ie Libya and Egypt on 9/11). If the administration succeeds in estranging the Israelis that would leave us with only one so called major ally (Saudi Arabia) in the direct area. And if push comes to shove the Sauds will cut a deal to save their hides. I find it hard not to believe this will lead to a BIG war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They see Obama as the reincarnation of Carter. They are right.

    I disagree. When Obama was elected, I hoped that he would only be as bad as Carter, but he has turned out to be significantly worse. If Obama is a re-incarnated Carter, I think he might be Billy.

    ReplyDelete